Summer is coming and for a lot of people, that means holidays are, too. If you’ve decided to use your Summer holiday to get things in order in your home, you might be contemplating painting.
Exterior painting can be tricky but not impossible during the summer. Since you can’t control the weather, here are some tips for planning your summer paint job:
1. Paint in the early mornings or late evenings when the temperatures are cooler.
2.Don’t paint when it’s windy because dust and debris can stick to wet paint.
3. Don’t paint in direct sunlight. The quality of the paint job depends on surface temperature, not just the air.
4. Surface preparation is the most important in summer months. Somers painters recommend that surface prep should take as long as the paint job.
5. Avoid the hottest days. The heat can cause the paint to dry too quickly, ruining the smoothness of the texture.
6. Use the best quality paints and materials. This ensures the best possible outcome. They are made for all weather.
7. Double the dry time in hot and humid weather before the applying the second coat because if you paint too soon, the first coat could peel off as you use the roller due to the collection of moisture underneath the first coat.
If you require any help from a professional painter and decorator in North London & Enfield, please do not hesitate to give Absolute Decorating a call on 0797 6404742 for a FREE quote!